It’s no secret that Instagram Stories are hugely popular. In fact, over 500 million people use them every day! So, if you’re not already using Stories, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to engage with your audience.
The good news is that it’s really easy to get started with Instagram Stories. In this post, we’ll let you know all details about Instagram Stories.
- What is Instagram Stories
- Details about Instagram Stories
- How to post Instagram Stories like a pro
- Final thoughts
What is Instagram Stories
Stories are basically like Snapchat or WhatsApp statuses: they let you share photos or videos that disappear after 24 hours. You can add text, emojis, stickers, and even draw on your story. And if you want, you can share your story with just a few close friends, or with your entire follower list.
There are a few different ways to view someone’s story. You can watch it from their profile page, or from the Explore page (if they’ve decided to make their story public). You can also view stories from people you’re following in a bar at the top of your feed. When there’s something new to see, their profile photo will have a colorful ring around it.
Details about Instagram Stories
1. IG stories duration
Each story can be up to 15 seconds long. That may not seem like a lot, but you can actually do a lot in 15 seconds! You can also string multiple stories together to create a longer narrative. Additionally, IG stories disappear after 24 hours, so if you want your story to be seen by more people, you need to post it early in the day.
2. IG stories format
IG stories provide different IG story formats to choose from. It can be tough to know which one to use. Here’s a quick guide to the most popular IG story formats and when to use them.
- The Standard Instagram story is a simple image or video post. This is the most basic IG story format and can be used for anything from sharing a photo to promoting a product. If you’re looking to keep things simple, the Standard IG story is a great option.
- The Swipe Up Instagram story is similar to the Standard IG story, but it includes a link that viewers can swipe up to access. This is a great format for promoting products, linking to blog posts, or sending people to your website. Keep in mind that only verified accounts can use the Swipe Up IG story feature.
- The Poll Instagram story lets you interact with your audience by asking them to vote on something. This is a great way to get feedback on ideas, products, or anything else you want input on. Plus, it’s a fun way to engage with your followers and get them involved in your content.
- The Countdown Instagram story is perfect for counting down to an event or launch. This format lets you add text and images to create a visually engaging countdown that will build excitement for whatever you’re promoting.
- The Question Instagram story is another great way to interact with your followers. With this format, you can ask your followers questions and get feedback in real time. This is a great way to start conversations and get to know your audience better.
3. IG stories size
The ideal IG story size is 1080×1920 pixels, which will ensure that your content looks great on both mobile and desktop devices. In addition, using this size will also help you to avoid any potential cropping issues. So next time you’re creating IG stories, be sure to keep these dimensions and aspect ratio in mind!
4. IG stories fonts
There are a few different fonts you can use on Instagram stories. The first font is the IG story’s default font, which is a sans serif. This is a clean, modern font that works well for most purposes.
If you want something with a bit more personality, you can try using cursive or script fonts. These can be great for adding a bit of flair to your stories. However, it’s important to use these sparingly, as they can be hard to read if used too much.
Finally, there are also some fun display fonts that you can use for special occasions. These are often bright and eye-catching, and can really make your stories stand out. If you want to use fancy fonts in your bio, don’t forget that IGjoys Fancy Text Generator is here to help!
How to post Instagram Stories like a pro
If you’re looking to post professional, high-quality Instagram Stories, here are a few tips to engage and delight your followers.
1. Make sure that your photos and videos are well-lit
Good lighting is essential for taking great photos and videos. Natural light is always best, but if you’re indoors, make sure to turn on some lights. The last thing you want is a dark and grainy photo or video! If you can, try to position yourself near a window. And if you’re using your flash, be careful not to overexpose your subject. Sometimes a little bit of backlight can add interest to a photo, but too much will wash out your subject.
2. Avoid using filters or editing your photos and videos too much
Keep it simple and let your content speak for itself. Everyone wants to put their best foot forward on social media, but it’s important to remember that your followers want to see the real you. That means avoiding the temptation to use too many filters or edit your photos and videos until they’re unrecognizable. Yes, a little bit of editing is fine, but if you make all your photos look like they belong in a magazine, people are going to start to wonder if you’re really living in the same world as them.
3. Be mindful of the background
A cluttered or busy background can be distracting and take away from your content. Conversely, a simple background can help to highlight the subject and create a more pleasing composition. When framing a shot, take a moment to assess the background and see if there’s anything you can do to improve it. If there are distracting elements, see if you can move closer to the subject or change your angle to eliminate them. Conversely, if the background is too blank, try adding some interest by including additional subjects or using a wide-aperture lens to create a shallow depth of field.
4. Don't forget to add a caption to your stories
Sometimes when you’re telling a story, it’s easy to forget the little details. But the truth is, those little details can make all the difference. A caption can help to give context to your content and also allows you to use important keywords that will help people find your stories.
If you’re not sure whether you want to start using stories yourself, just take a look at some of the cool things people are doing with them. From sharing daily snippets of their lives to posting creative artwork, there’s no shortage of ways to get creative with stories. So go ahead and give them a try – who knows, you might just find yourself addicted!
Yes! Thanks to some third-party tools, like Later, users can now plan and schedule their Instagram Stories up to two weeks in advance.
When you hide a story on Instagram, it means that only you can see it. Nobody else will be able to view it, not even the person who posted it. You can hide as many stories as you want, but only one at a time. If you try to hide more than one, Instagram will give you an error message. To hide a story, go to your profile and tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner. Then, select “Hide Story from profile.” If you change your mind, you can always unhide the story by going back into your settings and tapping “Unhide Story.” So if you’re ever feeling like you need to take a break from social media, remember that you can always just hide your story on Instagram.