Thousands or even millions of videos are posted on Instagram every day. You spend time enjoying them and learning something valuable. Though, if you don’t download or save an Instagram video to your phone in time, it’s hard to find it back as Instagram keeps updating content for you automatically.
There are several simple ways that can help you save an Instagram video to your phone. So, you can watch it anytime and anywhere you want as well as share it with others. Just a friendly reminder, if you want to use it on your social feed, don’t forget to credit it. In this article, we’ll walk you through the different methods and introduce apps to save Instagram videos.
- Method 1. Save Instagram videos to collections
- Method 2. Download your own Instagram video
- Method 3. Record Instagram videos on iPhone
- Method 4. Use an App to download Instagram Videos
- Method 5. Use an Instagram video downloader online
- Wrap up
Method 1. Save Instagram videos to collections
Instagram Collection helps you organize all your favorite videos and posts in one place. You can also categorize your saved content by creating new collections.
We put this method in the first place for reasons: private, native, easy enough to take action, and no need to download third-party software. However, you can’t repost videos to your own feed from Instagram Collection. Follow the steps to get started.
- Tap the Bookmark icon when you find the video you want to save.
- On iPhone or Android, you can tap the Hamburger Menu on the top right corner of your profile page. Then tap the Saved Icon to check the video you’ve saved.
On the desktop, you can simply click the SAVED Icon on your profile page.
- If you want to save an Instagram video to a specific Collection, you can tap and hold the Bookmark icon and choose or create a new Collection you want the video to be saved.
Method 2. Download your own Instagram video
Set it once for long-term use
With a few taps, you can save all your Instagram Stories to the camera roll on iPhone or Android by default.
- Log in to your Instagram profile and go to Settings.
- Tap on Privacy and access to Story.
- Scroll down to Saving and enable Save story to Camera Roll.
Download it before posting
You can easily save it before you post it to your feed. After editing your Instagram Story, tap on the three dots icon on the top right corner and press the Save button to download your video.
Download it after posting
If you’ve posted the video to your Instagram Story, you can still save it to your phone. Just tap on the three dots icon on the bottom right corner and select Save. You can make a decision to save the Instagram video as a photo or a video.
Method 3. Record Instagram videos on iPhone
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t let you download videos you find on your feed or on other users’ stories. Yet, you can still play and record Instagram videos if you’re using an iPhone. Before doing that, we’d suggest you ask for permission from the original poster.
- Get the video ready to play on your Instagram App.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone to reach the Control Center.
- Tap the Record button to start and it will count down from 3.
- Swipe up the Control Center and record the video on Instagram. You should be able to see the red status bar in the top left corner.
- Tap the red status bar in the top left corner if you want to stop recording.
- Save and access the recording to your camera roll.
Method 4. Use an App to download Instagram Videos
As we mentioned before, you can’t directly download others’ videos from Instagram to iPhone or Android. Thus, using a third-party app can make things easier. You can download the original videos in high quality without editing.
To help you out, we found some popular apps to download an Instagram video.
1. Reposter for Instagram – iOS
Rating: 4.0 with 2.6k ratings on App Store
Plans: Free; $1.99 for Annual Pro; $5.99 for Lifetime Pro
About: This is a free app designed for iPhone users only. It also offers affordable plans for advanced users. No watermark and spam ads according to the company’s claims. You can use it to repost literally all kinds of content on Instagram, including photos, videos, stories, and reels. However, some users found issues if they have multiple Instagram accounts using Reposter.
2. Video downloader for IG – Android
Rating: 4.7 with 62,211 ratings on Play Store
About: Probably the top-rated free app works perfectly on your Android device. You can save Instagram videos or IGTV content on your phone with it. However, you will see ads in the App and it doesn’t have any ad-free plans yet.
3. Downloader for Instagram – Android
Rating: 4.4 with 271,269 ratings on Play Store
Plans: Free; $2.69 per item
About: Another excellent free Instagram video downloader you should try. No login is required. It has a user-friendly interface and options for you to repost or download. It also allows you to upgrade to eliminate all disturbing ads in the app. Though, several users complained that they encountered payment issues with the app.
Method 5. Use an Instagram video downloader online
If you prefer to download Instagram videos in browsers, here are some useful downloaders you can try for free.
Saving a video gives you the flexibility to check it at your convenience and share it with your friends and family. No matter which devices you use in your daily life, we hope you can find a suitable way here. Lastly, don’t forget to request permission before downloading or reposting.
No, you can’t. You should keep in mind that all of the content people create results in intellectual property regardless if it’s in the form of a video, photo or IG Story, a movie reel, or highlights. To avoid unnecessary disputes, we sincerely suggest you obtain permission before downloading and using the content.